Inclement Weather and Emergency Procedures
In the event South Lane School District is forced to close or delay opening any of its schools due to weather or other emergency, designated media sources will be contacted.
For up-to-the-minute school closure/emergency information or to subscribe for automated updates please go to Flash Alerts Web page for South Lane School District.
School Closure Media Sources
The following radio stations offer regular school closure reports:
|KNND||1400 AM||Cottage Grove|
|KUGN||590 AM||Western Oregon|
|KPNW||1120 AM||Western Oregon|
|KLCC ||89.7 FM ||Western Oregon|
|KMGE||94.5 FM||Western Oregon|
|Local television stations are informed, but are not always able to report school closure information up-to-the-minute. The most up-to-date information can always be found at www.valleyinfo.net.|
Emergency Release Information
- If a two-hour delay is reported, there will be no morning kindergarten.
- If an elementary school is closed early or evacuated due to an emergency, every attempt will be made to contact families by phone (please make sure your child's school has all available phone numbers to reach you in an emergency). Students will not be allowed to walk home without a responsible adult. Bussed students will not be dropped-off at an empty house, without prior permission.
- Students will be kept at the safest location possible during any emergency situation and will be cared for by district staff until they are picked-up by their families. Please be prepared to show identification and follow on-site check-out procedures when picking up your child.
- If a middle or high school is closed early or evacuated due to an emergency, regular dismissal procedures will be used. If the emergency prohibits regular procedures please listen to the radio stations above or click http://www.valleyinfo.net/ to get information on evacuation procedures.
- If a school is closed early or evacuated for any reason, media sources will be notified and information will be posted at http://www.valleyinfo.net/.
Snow or inclement weather bus schedules
Drivers will attempt to run regular routes wherever safe. Bus drivers will have the option to modify their routes as needed with regard to safety and road conditions.
Snow Day Routes
School buses will travel main roads only. Bus drivers have the option to modify their routes more extensively with regard to safety and road conditions. Buses will not travel the following roads:
|Bennett Creek||Overholser Road|
|Blue Mountain School Road||Perkins Creek|
|Booth Kelly Camp Road||Raisor Road|
|Bryson Sears||Rat Creek|
|Cedar Creek||Repsleger Road|
|Gowdyville, above Adams Road||Shoestring|
|London, past Rouse Road||Sweet Lane/Talemena Drive|
|Lorane Hwy, past Hazelton||Turkey Run|
|Lower Brice Creek Road||Veatch Road|
|Martin Creek||Ward's Butte Road|
|Meyers Road||Wick's Road|
|Molitor Ranch Road|
Students who live on the above roads will need to arrive at the junction of their road and the main road to meet their bus.
- About South Lane