Google Meets Information and Tips for Meetings:
Who can currently join one of our Google Hangout Meets without needing approval from a meeting participant
- People added to a Calendar event
- People who are in our Google domain (slane.k12.or.us / southlaneschools.us)
Google Meets for educational users is currently only allowing the meeting creator or calendar owner to mute and remove others from the meeting.
If interacting with student's Google Meets should be created using nicknames. This prevents participants from reusing the meeting after the last participant has left the meeting.
You can do this via your browser by typing g.co/meet/NICKNAME_YOU_WANT or via starting a meeting at meet.google.com and entering a nickname.
- How to Enable a Google Meets link in your Classroom
- How to Set up a Doc Camera for your Google Meet
- Add the Google Meet Grid View Extension to see everyone at once. Here's a video on how to use it.