South Lane Online Program Information
- Click on the appropriate link: Elementary Students (K-5) or Secondary Students (6-12)
- Use your south lane email and password to login.
Welcome to South Lane Online (SoLO). We are excited to offer this new online-only school for South Lane students and families for the 2020-2021 school year.
Students who choose to enroll in SoLO are enrolling in a separate K-12 online school program run by South Lane School District, staffed by licensed SLSD teachers, using an online curriculum program called Accelerate. The curriculum has been specifically designed to support online-only learning. Please note: Registering for SoLO is a one year commitment. Students will be able to return to their regular school at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
This program is designed for:
- Students and families who prefer and are willing to work independently
- Students and families with health/safety concerns returning to brick and mortar school
- Students and families who have home internet access and appropriate technology (SLSD is willing to loan chromebooks to students who need one). The Accelerate program can be used on any tablet, chromebook, or computer.
Students enrolled in SoLO will be completing their work entirely online for the 2020-2021 school year. They will be assigned to a SLSD licensed teacher who will be available for limited instruction support, and weekly “in-person” (remote) check-ins. SLSD staff will work alongside parents to help manage the learning progress of students. The Accelerate program offers a wide variety of courses K-12 so students can access critical content areas like math and language arts but also engage in electives. While the program is flexible, there is a requirement that students will work online and make progress every scheduled school day. Students will be held to the same attendance requirements as students enrolling in traditional SLSD schools.
Students and Families will be trained on the Accelerate program by SLSD staff and by engaging in the tutorials within the program. SLSD staff will be available for support along the way. Check out this FAQ page for answers to some common questions.
If additional information is needed, please contact Aimee Cooper (email@example.com)
To provide all SoLO students with a high-quality, well-rounded online educational experience that is rigorous, culturally responsive, personalized, and engaging.
SoLO is a K–12 online learning program offered by South Lane School District that combines technology and in-person (remote) support from SLSD teachers and staff for students interested in learning in a different way than a traditional classroom setting.
SoLO offers flexible scheduling and a wide variety of courses including core classes, career and technical education (CTE) courses and electives, and allows students to explore and concentrate on individual career pathways.
Online coursework is completed off-campus, but students seeking additional support can meet with a SLSD teacher either via phone, video meeting, or (if permitted by state and local health authority guidance) they may* be able to meet in person with their teacher. More information will be determined as the year progresses.
- Personalized learning experience
- Online, remote learning for independent learners
- Flexible and customizable to your schedule and needs
- SLSD teachers and mentors available daily for online support
- Full-time attendance requirements - based on State attendance requirements for Comprehensive Distance Learning
- Core & Elective classes offered
- Career and technical education (CTE) classes offered