SCHOOL BOND GENERAL INFORMATION
South Lane School District
- The SLSD School District passed a $36 million dollar bond in May 2016 to replace Harrison Elementary School and make other improvements, including safety and security upgrades to schools and facilities in the district.
- The bonds were sold in July and the money for the bonds were in the bank on August 2nd.
- The school district hired BLRB Architects to lead a design committee through the design process and the lead architect is Mike Gorman, a 1978 CGHS Graduate.
- The new elementary school will be built on the old Cottage Grove High School site located on Taylor Avenue.
- The new elementary school is scheduled to open in September of 2018.
- A 22 member Design Planning Committee worked on the design for a new Harrison School and the details of the other projects from September, 2015 to February, 2016.
- The Oregon State Legislature passed historic and unprecedented legislation that allows for a matching bond grant of $4 million and SLSD was one of the school districts awarded the matching bond grant.
- Bond dollars have already gone toward Safety and Security, Deferred Maintenance, and Technology Projects.
The total bond amount is $36 million.
NEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- School Replacement located at old CGHS campus
DEFERRED MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
- Roof replacements
- Paint Exterior
- Electrical Capacity & HVAC replacement at Bohemia
- Other infrastructure projects - Windows, Siding & Flooring
SAFETY & SECURITY AT
- Updated Fire & Security Systems
- Secured Access System
- Addition to Main Office & Counseling Area at Lincoln MS to address Safety & Securtiy
NETWORK AND TECHNOLOGY UPGRADES-
- All Schools in South Lane School District
- Replace outdated computer systems & supporting technology (doc camera, projectors)
- Upgrade Network that can interface with security systems
POOL FACILITY IMPROVEMENT
- Renovation and pool facility improvements to the Warren H. Daugherty Aquatic Center
PEGGY'S PRIMARY CONNECTION (EARLY LEARNING CENTER)
- 1st Floor renovation and addition to Al Kennedy Alternative HS.
KENNEDY HIGH SCHOOL RELOCATION
- Delight Valley School Improvements and Minor Renovations
HARRISON SCHOOL PROPERTY RE-USE
- Salvage gym and field space at existing Harrison School for community recreational use
OTHER BOND COSTS
- Furnishings, Fees, Permits, Project Development Costs, Surveying