South Lane School District's school-based mentor program facilitates connections between students and caring adults.
- Our elementary school program has a group model. Every week at Bohemia & Harrison Elementary Schools, mentors gather with a group of students to eat lunch, play games, and hang out.
- Our middle school program also has a group model. Bi-weekly at Lincoln Middle School, school counselors, mentors and students connect over food, games, and activities.
- Our high school program has a 1:1 model. On a weekly basis, mentors meet individually with Cottage Grove High School and Al Kennedy Alternative High School students during school hours to spend time together and talk about life.
Interested in being involved?
- Click here to refer a student to the program. Note: we are currently accepting referrals to the elementary and middle school programs. The high school program has a waitlist.
- Click here to apply to become a mentor.
Note: All mentors will need to pass a background check. All 1:1 mentors will be fingerprinted, as required by law.
Questions? Please contact Rachel Norquist, the Mentor Program Coordinator. Email: email@example.com